Medical Malpractice Defense
The medical malpractice litigation experience at Tiemeier & Stich, P.C. is unparalleled. The attorneys in our practice, in particular Greg Tiemeier, have defended a wide array of cases for practitioners of many specialties. Mr. Tiemeier is widely known around the country for his expertise and success in Ophthalmology cases. Cases have included orthopedic issues, cardiovascular and neurological issues, among them.
In cases that allege medical malpractice, the best result often cannot be achieved without a trial. We place our cases in the best position for a favorable outcome by working closely with the physicians, retaining well-known physician experts, and understanding every aspect of the medicine involved. Our attorneys are well known and well regarded by the medical community, allowing for long standing relationships to develop and provides access to local and nationally recognized experts.
At Tiemeier & Stich, P.C., we bring 25 years of trial experience to the courtroom with great success. Our collective, constantly growing knowledge base, allows us to achieve favorable outcomes for our clients.
- In November of 2012, Mr. Tiemeier defended an ophthalmologist and optometrist for alleged failure to diagnose and delay in referral of a pituitary tumor in a 44-year-old-man, resulting in apoplexy and bilateral blindness. After a two week trial in El Paso County District Court, the jury returned a complete defense verdict within two hours.
- In May of 2012, Mr. Tiemeier successfully defended an urgent care physician for alleged negligence in failing to properly and timely treat and refer an eye ulcer which developed into a corneal infection requiring corneal transplant. After a 7-day trial in Douglas County District Court, the jury found in favor of the defendant.
- In January of 2012, a patient litigated a case against a Family Practice specialist for severe postpartum hemorrhage resulting in mother’s cardiac arrest and subsequent coma, with resulting brain injuries. The hospital settled prior to trial. The plaintiff alleged failure to provide proper prenatal care, asses as “high-risk” patient, properly and timely treat the uterine bleeding and obtain consultation and referral to obstetrician/gynecologist. Mr. Tiemeier successfully defended this two week jury trial in Adams County District Court.
- In April of 2009, an unhappy LASIK patient litigated a case against an ophthalmologist, with Mr. Tiemeier defending. After a one week trial in Denver County, the jury returned a defense verdict in under 25 minutes. The Judge awarded costs, which were collected.
- In August of 2008, Mr. Tiemeier successfully defended a local ophthalmologist in an action brought by a patient after an unsuccesful retrobulbar injection prior to cataract surgery. The Douglas County jury returned a defense verdict for his client in 22 minutes, and costs were awarded against the plaintiff in excess of $30,000.